The features below are included in the May product update, deployed on 14 May, 2020.
Sender ID update
- We've relocated the Sender ID section to the start of the "New Message" process. We've done this because the Sender ID will impact the message functionality itself - including the context of your message content.
- For example, if you are sending from a business name (alpha tag) then recipients will not be able to reply to your message - which will impact the method you use for opt-outs (see "Opt-out link" below).
- We have also added the ability to request Alpha Tags and Dedicated numbers directly from this section as opposed to having to go into your Account Settings:
Using your own number
- You now have the ability to use your own mobile number as the sender ID when sending messages
- By selecting the "Add your own Number" option from the Sender ID list (see above image), you will be asked to verify your number via a verification code sent to your mobile
- NOTE - replies will go direct to your mobile and NOT to the web portal
Purchasing a Dedicated Number via the Sender ID menu
- You can now purchase a Dedicated number straight from the Sender ID menu, without needing to go to Account Settings
- In the "New Message" screen, you can purchase a dedicated number by clicking on the "Get a dedicated number" option in the Sender ID dropdown list:
- In the resulting pop-up window:
- Select your country
- Scroll through the list of available numbers to choose the one you want to buy
- Give the number a name for easy reference
- Confirm your payment details (this will be the same as the payment method you have saved on your account)
- Click "Activate Number"
Requesting an Alpha Tag via the Sender ID menu
- Similar to the process to request a Dedicated number, just select "Request your business name (alpha tag)" option from the Sender ID menu
- In the resulting pop-up, enter your preferred business name and click "Send Request"
- You will be notified via email once your request has been processed
- From there, you should see your alpha tag appear in the Sender ID options menu
Setting a Default Sender ID for your Account
- You can set a default Sender ID to apply to every message via the Account Settings menu
- Go to Account, the Account Settings, and click on the edit icon next to "Default sender ID":
Select your preferred option from the dropdown list and then click Save:
NOTE - as with the sender ID menu in the New Message screen, you can purchase Dedicated numbers and request Alpha Tags from this menu also.
- We've added the ability for contacts to opt-out via a weblink instead of just replying to a message - which is not always possible (e.g. when sending from a business name/alpha tag)
- The link takes contacts to a landing page where they can trigger the opt-out by tapping on an action button
- The configuration of this landing page is done automatically - you don't need to do anything other than select "Unsubscribe Link" from the drop-down menu:
Send to All Contacts
- We’ve made it easier to quickly send messages to All Contacts. When selecting ‘Add Contact Groups’ the first option will always be “All Contacts”
- This option is also available in the "Quick Message" function - just type "all" into the recipient field:
Broadcast Report: Delivery status panel
The broadcast report now includes a real-time delivery status panel where customers can monitor the progress of their send.
Standard SMS Broadcast:
Mobile Landing Page (MLP) Broadcast: