Everything you need to change parameters on your account can be found under Settings. This area is segmented into the following items:
- API Settings
- Account name and ID - pretty self explanatory really. You can edit your account name here, and copy your account ID if you need it (e.g. for support queries).
- Account time zone - this is relevant when scheduling messages, reading reports, and using socially aware sending. Ideally this would reflect the time zone local to your account.
- Automatic unsubscribe (opt-out) - here's where you set your opt-out keywords that recipients use to unsubscribe automatically from your messages.
- Allow duplicate contacts - switching this to "On" means that if you import a contact more than once, multiple records will be created. We recommend leaving this to "Off," but if you do need it switched on, you'll need to request it via a support request.
- Change or close my account - clicking this will present you with options to change your account or close it.
The change options are as follows:
- These first three tabs all relate to Sender IDs. You can read up on this stuff here.
- The Settings tab is where you'll find all the options related to sending messages. This is the tab that's open in the image above.
- Default message template - this is where you can select a standard template to pre-populate every message with. E.g. a greeting, signature or opt-out message.
- SMS limit - this is where you can restrict the volume of messages that can be sent daily or monthly from your account. It's a great way to manage expenditure.
- Default sender ID - this is the Sender ID that all messages will be sent from unless otherwise specified at the time of creating the message.
- Short trackable links - Want to track click through on links you send with your message? Here's where you can enable or disable that ability. Read more about this here.
- Email to SMS - this is where you'll find all your Email to SMS settings. You can read up all all that stuff here.
- Always request delivery receipts - pretty much exactly as it says. With this turned on, you'll always get delivery receipts back from carriers when messages are successfully delivered. This is essential for reporting, so you should really only turn it off if you feel you need to.
- Plan Tab - all the details relating to billing and payments.
- Invoices Tab - here you'll see a list of all your downloadable invoices.
- Top-up - click here to top-up your account balance.
- General information about your account, plus the ability to configure balance notifications and automatic top-ups (super handy if you don't ever want to run out of credit).
- Edit your billing information by clicking this button
- Your billing information, including the email address that all your downloads are emailed to.
- New payment method - does exactly what it says. Need to add a new card to pay for credits? Click this button.
- Your current (active) payment method
- API - this is where you come to create new API keys and manage existing keys.
- Webhooks - this is where you come to create and manage webhooks.