In this article:
- Explanation and overview of the relationship between parent accounts, sub-accounts, and users
- Instructions on how to create sub-accounts under your parent account
Account owners on a post-paid plan can create sub-accounts, which are basically subsidiaries of the parent account. Each sub-account can have its own Admin and User set, without having visibility of other sub-account activity, while any administrator of the parent account will have visibility of all sub-account activity.
An example of this might be a sales business with a structure divided into regions, with each region having a manager and a number of team members reporting to them. In this example, each region would be a sub-account (with the regional manager as the admin), and their team members would be users on that sub-account. The business owner would be the admin on the parent account:
To create a Level 1 Sub-account:
You must first be logged in under the parent account, so go to the account selector at the top of the screen to select the parent account:
Once you have switched to the parent account:
Go to Accounts, then Sub-Accounts, and click on New Sub Account
Next you will need to configure the sub-account as follows:
1. Give your new sub-account a name
2. Set the SMS limits (if required - you can leave these blank if preferred)
3. Assign any users of the parent account to the sub-account (these users will still remain on the parent account as well, and their roles on the parent account will be carried over to the sub-account)
Once you are happy with your settings, click Create sub-account
Your new sub-account will now appear in the sub-account list.
To edit or deactivate this sub-account, click on the three dots on the right-hand side and select the required action from the menu:
Logging in to Sub-accounts
As an admin on the parent account, you can log into sub-accounts from either the account switcher or the sub-account page.
To use the account switcher, simply click on the arrow next to your account name and select the sub-account from the drop-down menu:
Alternatively, go to Accounts, then Sub-accounts, and click on Login next to the account to which you wish to log in:
If you wish to return to the parent account, use the account switcher at the top of the screen.